Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Western railroad gazette. (Chicago, Ill.) 1856-1870
Chicago, Ill. (1856-1870)
Western railroad gazette. : (Chicago, Ill.) 1856-1870
- Alternative Titles:
Western railroad gazette and real estate news letter
- Place of publication:
- Chicago, Ill.
- Geographic coverage:
- S.G. Fowler
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 1, no. 1 (Nov. 15, 1856)-v. 13, no. 52 (Mar. 26, 1870).
- Chicago (Ill.)--Newspapers.
- Railroads--United States--Newspapers.
- "Railroad" appears in title ornament, Nov. 15, 1856-Oct. 31, 1857.
- "Western" appears in title ornament, July 17, 1869-March 26, 1870.
- Numbering sometimes irregular; some issues misdated.
- Preservation microfilmed by the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Library as part of the United States Newspaper Program; the years 1856-1870 (on 2 microfilm reels) are available for purchase from OCLC Preservation Service Centers.
- Published as: Western railroad gazette and real estate news letter, Apr. 17, 1858-Apr. 8, 1859.
- Suspended with Oct. 31, 1857 issue; resumed with Apr. 17, 1858 issue.
- sn 88086008
View complete holdings information