Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Western Christian advocate. (Cincinnati, Ohio) 1834-1929
Cincinnati, Ohio (1834-1929)
The Western Christian advocate. : (Cincinnati, Ohio) 1834-1929
- Alternative Titles:
- Place of publication:
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- C. Holliday and J.F. Wright
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 1, no. 1 (May 2, 1834)-v. 95, no. 42 (Oct. 17, 1929).
- Cincinnati (Ohio)--Newspapers.
- Hamilton County (Ohio)--Newspapers.
- Ohio--Hamilton County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01205597
- "Christian" appears in title ornament, Jan. 2, 1861-Dec. 28, 1864.
- "Official organ of the Methodist Episcopal Church."
- Absorbed: Indianapolis area herald in 1925. Cf. Batsel, John D. Union list of United Methodist serials, 1773-1973.
- Also issued on microfilm by American Theological Library Association.
- Issues for May 1, 1835-1929 called also whole no. 53-whole no. 5072.
- Publisher varies: L. Swormstedt & J.H. Power, <July, 1949>; Poe & Hitchcock, <Feb. 26, 1868>; Hitchcock & Walden, <June 24, 1868>
- Vol. 66 repeated in numbering.
- sn 89075028
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information