Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Public ledger [microform]. (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1836-1925
Philadelphia, Pa. (1836-1925)
Public ledger [microform]. : (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1836-1925
- Alternative Titles:
Public ledger and daily transcript
Public ledger and the Philadelphia times
Public ledger and the press
Public ledger, the Philadelphia times
- Place of publication:
- Philadelphia, Pa.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Swain, Abell & Simmons
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 1, no. 1 (Mar. 25, 1836)-v. 179, no. 54 (May 17, 1925).
- Daily (except Sunday)
- Pennsylvania County (Pa.)--Newspapers.
- Philadelphia (Pa.)--Newspapers.
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Sources.
- Merged with: North American (Philadelphia, Pa. : 1876) to form: Public ledger and North American.
- Published as: Public ledger and daily transcript, Sept. 12, 1836-Aug. 11, 1902; Public ledger, the Philadelphia times, Aug. 12, 1902; Public ledger and the Philadelphia times, Aug. 13-Nov. 13, 1902; Public ledger and the press, Oct. 2-Nov. 7, 1920.
- sn 91025277
View complete holdings information