Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1925 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Maryland gazette [microform]. (Annapolis, Md.) 1745-1813
Annapolis, Md. (1745-1813)
Maryland gazette [microform]. : (Annapolis, Md.) 1745-1813
- Alternative Titles:
Apparition of the late Maryland gazette, which is not dead, but only sleepeth
Dec. 10, 1765
- Place of publication:
- Annapolis, Md.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- J. Green
- Dates of publication:
No. 1 (Jan. 17, 1745)-no. 910 (Oct. 14, 1762) ; 28th yr., no. 911 (Oct. 21, 1762)-69th yr., no. 3445 (Jan. 21, 1813).
- Annapolis (Md.)--Newspapers.
- Imprint varies: Printed by Jonas Green and William Rind, 1758-1765; Printed by Jonas Green, 1765-1767; Printed by Anne C. Green, 1767; Printed by Anne C. and William Green, 1768-1770; Printed by Anne C. Green, 1770-1771; Printed by Anne C. Green and Son, 1772-1775; Printed by Frederick Green, 1775-1777; Printed by Frederick and Samuel Green, 1779-1811; Printed by Jonas Green, 1811-1813.
- No issues published Feb. 6, 13, 27, 1766.
- References: Evans 5625; Brigham, C.S. Amer. newspapers, p. 219.
- Suspended with Dec. 25, 1777 issue; resumed with Apr. 30, 1779 issue. Cf. Brigham, C.S. Amer. newspapers.
- Suspended with Oct. 31, 1765 issue, due to Stamp Act; resumed with Jan. 30, 1766 issue. Last numbered issue published prior to suspension, no. 1066 (Oct. 10, 1765), was followed by three unnumbered supplements (Oct. 17, 24, 31), and a special issue (Dec. 10) entitled: Apparition of the late Maryland gazette, which is not dead, but only sleepeth. Cf. Brigham, C.S. Amer. newspapers.
- sn 91025284
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information