Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1924 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The times-herald. (Newport News, Va. ;) 1905-1991
Newport News, Va. ; (1905-1991)
The times-herald. : (Newport News, Va. ;) 1905-1991
- Place of publication:
- Newport News, Va. ;
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Norfolk-Newport News Pub. Corp.
- Dates of publication:
-91st year, no. 172 (Aug. 30, 1991).
Began in 1905?
- Daily (except Sunday)
- Hampton (Va.)--Newspapers.
- Newport News (Va.)--Newspapers.
- Virginia--Newport News.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01205348
- A combined supplement for the Times-herald and the Daily Press (Newport News, Va.) was included in July, 1956.
- A joint Sat. ed. of the Times-herald and Daily press was published from <1984>-Aug. 4, 1990.
- Available on microfilm from Micro Photo; and from Bell & Howell, Micro Photo Div.
- Description based on: Vol. 11, no. 114 (Jan. 2, 1908).
- In 1913 publisher of Times-herald combined with publisher of Daily press and published morning eds. called: Daily press; evening eds. called: Times-herald.
- In 1991 the Times-herald (Newport News, Va. : 1905) was absorbed by the Daily press (Newport News, Va. : Final ed.).
- Publisher varies: Daily Press, Inc. <1944-1991>.
- sn 91066051
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
- Related Titles:
View complete holdings information