Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1924 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The daily advance. (Lynchburg, Va.) 19??-1986
Lynchburg, Va. (19??-1986)
The daily advance. : (Lynchburg, Va.) 19??-1986
- Alternative Titles:
News & daily advance
Nov. 3, 1979-June 1, 1986
- Place of publication:
- Lynchburg, Va.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Dates of publication:
Ceased with issue for May 30, 1986.
- Lynchburg (Va.)--Newspapers.
- Beginning with Vol. 1, no. 1 (Nov. 3, 1979), weekend and holiday issues were issued jointly with the News (Lynchburg, Va.) and titled: News & daily advance and carried separate volume numbering through vol. 7, no. 7 (May 5, 1985); then unnumbered.
- Description based on: Vol. 40 (Jan. 1, 1927).
- Editors: 1958-1979, A.T. Gunn, Jr.; 1979, Thomas R. Glass; 1980-1982, Edwin M. Freakley; 1982-1986, William C. Cline.
- In Virginia newspapers, 1821-1935, L.J. Cappon suggests daily ed. published as Advance, 1907- , but he had not had access to 1927-1986 issues which are Daily advance.
- Microfilm available from Bell & Howell.
- Previously published as: Daily advance (Lynchburg, Va. : 1880) 1880-1903; and as: Evening advance (Lynchburg, Va. : 1904) [nonextant].
- Publishers: -1957, Carter Glass & Sons; 1958-197u, Lynchburg Daily Advance; 197u-1979, Carter Glass & Sons (Powell Glass, Jr. & Thomas R. Glass);1979-1986, Carter Glass Newspapers, Inc. (Thomas R. Glass & T. George Washington, 1979; T. George Washington, 1979-1986).
- Volume numbering suspended with Vol. 40 (1931); resumed with Vol. 77, no. 225 (Sept. 21, 1956); suspended with Vol. 106, no. 88 (May 3, 1985).
- sn 91066507
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information