Newspaper Page Text
TI1K AKGUff THURSDAY. DKCKMUj-ilJ 15, 1892.
HARMEB, PTLTRSEL & VOET MAUR.
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 16. 1892, g DAYS BEFORE XMAS.
Tomorrow, Friday the 1 6th, we will inaugurate the Most Wonderful Sale of Dry Goods and Xmas Goods ever wit
nessed at this time of the year in the history of Davenport. This will be the most wonder ful sale for Cheapness for
Qualities, ard for Quantities. Prices quoted below have no parallel for Cheapness. Remember, all lots will be closed
out at prices quoted, and other bargains added to the assortment each day until after Christmas.
20 1 rgns tQ Start Onl201 Bargains to Start On201 Bargains to Start On
1. 65c quality ladies cloth all wool
'n shades at 33c a yard.
2. $1.50 high class novelties at 85c
X f 1 Heavy storm serge at 79c a
4. $1.33 54in novelties reduced to
(Mr a yard.
f. $55c 38in all wool novelties re
duced to 33c a yard.
fi. 29c Chevron stripes reduced to
17c a yard.
7. $1 Imported plaids reduced to
8. $14.50 Novelty suits reduced to
9. $12.50 Novelty suits reduced to
16. $9 Novelty suite reduced to
!1. 85c Royal serge 46in wide re
du vil to 69c a yard.
12. 1.25 46in Whip cord and
ottoman suitings good assortment
13. $1 Whip cords reduced to 79c
14. 85c Henriettas 46in wide re
riufod to 69e a yard.
1 -f I Crepous reduced to 60c a
ifi. $ 1 Figured novelties reduced
to 79c a yard.
17. Five styles of priestly novel
tine reduced to $1 a yard.
18. fl.50 46in priestly novelties
reduced to $ 1.18 a yard.
19. 65c 40in Henriettar reduced to
55c a yard.
20. 50c Black and whit plaids
reduced to 35c a vard.
21. 11.50 Fancy velvets reduced
to 75c a yard.
22. $1 Plain velvets reduced to
"5c a vard.
23. ' 50c Hushes 10 pieces at 39c a
24. $1.85 Iredescent velvets re
ducedto $1.62 a yard.
25. $4 Satin and velvet novelties
reduced to $3.45 a yard.
26. Beautiful braids, Roman
hands reduced to 39e a yard.
27. Assorted lots of gimps re
duced to 23c and 29c a yard.
28. $1.75 High class trimmings at
$1.55 a yard.
29. $4 Jeweled fringe reduced to
$2.95 a yard.
30. $4 Silk bodices reduced to
31. $1.50 Roman band trimming
at $1.28 a yard.
32. $155 Ribbon fringe reduced
to 85c a yard.
33. 85c Ribbon fringe reduced to
77c a yard.
34. Moratou trimming at 29c a
35. 65c Moratou trimming (double)
37Jc a yard.
36 Fur trimming reduced to $1.15
37. Feather bandB reduced to
37. Fancy silks f.jr gowns, waists
ami trimmings at $ 1.22c a yard.
38. $1.25 g. g. silk 24in wide every
yard warranted (black) at 95c a yard.
35). $1.05 Peau di soie (black) at
93c a yard.
40. 85c Black a-mour at 72c a
41. $1.50 Armoui at $1.25 a yard.
42. The "G. B." peau du soie at
$1.37 J a yard.
43. The "G. B." gross grain satin
finish at $1.15 a yard.
44. $1.25 Black pu peau soie at
$1.05 a yard.
45. Assorted cole rs of crysallites
at 95c a yard.
46. 75c Colored -rysallites at 55c
47. Point yea for evening wear at
$1.15 a yard.
48. Brocaded si ks for evening
wear 44c a yard.
49. 75c Surahs full line of colors
55c a yard.
50. $1 Colored f atins reduced to
65c a yard.
51. 50c Colored Satins reduced to
39c a yard.
52. $1.10 silk crepes reduced to
92c a yard.
53. S1.50 Dotted lining silk re
duced 99c a yard.
Bargains in Handkerchiefs.
54. Ladies' c hiffon hakf's. 22c each.
55. " " " 48c "
56. " " " 58c "
57. " " 75c "
58. " " " 1.00 "
59. " " " 1.25 "
CO. Pongee silk embroidery hand
kerchiefs, 15c each.
61. Excellent values in ladies' pon
gee silk handkerchiefs beautifully
embroiding at 25c, 29c, 33c, 35c, 37 Jc
and 50c each.
62. Ladies' init.al (cotton) 5c each
63. " " H. S. hand em
broidered 12c eaca.
64. Ladies' initial H. S. hand em
broidered 24c each.
65. Ladies initi il H. S. hand em
broidered (linen) 43c each.
66. Ladies' colored fancy goods at
2, 3, 5, 8 and 10 eeats each.
67. Ladies' handkerchiefs in boxes
at 75c and $1.00.
68. Children's handkerchiefs in
boxes at 20, 25, 48, 69, and 75 cents a
box, one-half doz.
70. Ladies' white embroidered
handkerchiefs, srx cial bargains at 15,
25, 30, 33, 40, 58, 6 ) and 75 cents each.
No values like the above were ever
72. Gent's H. S. colored border
73. Gent's H. S. white linen 25c
74. Gent's H. S. initial pongee
silk, large size 48 each.
75. Gent'B H. S. initial very fine
and heavy pongee silk 72 and 92 cents
77. Gent's H. 3. plain pongee silk
extra value at 33, 48, 69 and 75c each.
78. Gent's H. S. initial cotton at
79. Gent's H. 3. initial union linen
80. Gent's sil'i brocade, assorted
colors, 25c each.
81. Gent's silk brocaded, assorted
colors, 37$c each.
82. Gent's sat in brocaded, assorted
colors, 69 and 75; each.
83. Gent's gcod mufflers at 12c
84. Silk and cashmere mufflers,
at 39c each.
85. Cream ceshmere mufflers silk
plaid at 33c each.
86. Brocaded cashmere mufflers,
at 46c each.
87. Satin and cashmere at 69c each.
88. Brocaded satin at 59c each.
89. H. S. silk mufflers at 92c, $1.19
and $1.39 each.
90. Large cishmere mufflers at
91. Black pongee silk mufflers at
92. Black b waded silk mufflers
at 85c each.
93. Shell and silver hair pins re
duced to 18 each.
94. Sterling silver souvenir spoons
95. Sterling silver hair pins, hand
engraved, $1.48 each.
96. Sterling silver watches, Swiss
movements, $4.35 each.
97. Gent's Sterling silver link cuff
buttons $1.39 each.
98. Genuine garnet lace pins and
ear drops at low prices.
99. Gent's solid gold scarf pins
with beautiful letterings $1.39 each.
100. Gent's adjustable clasp cuff
buttons, Sterling silver, $1.48 a pair.
101. Ladies' gold neck laces with
brilliant settings, 25c each.
102. Gold iens with pearl handles
for ladies and gents reduced from
$3.00 to $1.00 for choice. 1
103. Ladies chains with a five year
guarantee at $1.25 each.
104. Beautiful brilliant stickpins
105. Individual glove hooks in
boxes 5c each.
106. Gent's chains 5 yr. guarantee
107. Lace pins, ear drops and stick
pins, 25c. each.
noi in mrnisn lor two
yunrs. Price 50r,
Thl ring Ik guaran
Wd for one ymx not
to tarnish. Price
The above rinsrs come in nil lo
and have proved satisfactory in every
cane wnere iney nave oeen tested.
Remember your lady friends. You
can give nothing that is more sure to
110. 20 dozen black and colored
7-hooks kid gloves 85 quality for 55c.
111. Suede barritz gloves. Excel
lent wearing quality, colors only 70c.
112. Our celebrated "Empress
kid" gloves in black and colors at 90c.
113. Our great favorite "the
saxon beauty" at $1.15 a pair until
114. Decidedly good values in
wool mittens at 12c., 15c, 25c. and
33c. for ladies and children.
Umbrellas for Xmas. Pres
ents. 116. 50 and 26 in. umbrellas with
gold oxidized and natural handles
will go at $1.00 each.
117. 25 more of 26 in. oxidized
and natural handles all of the latest
conceits go at $1.39 each.
118. We have made some great
cuts on ou finest ladies' and gents'
umbrellas, you will find some very
desirable bargains at $2.48, $3.75 and
Corsets, Muslin Underwear
119. Our 50c corsets go at 39c. a
120. $1.05 flannel skirts at 79c.
121. $155 " " $1.05
122. $1.75 " " " $15
123. $2.75 all wool knit skirts at
124. 95c. children's " at
125. Heavy canton skirts quiltted
bottom at 47c. each.
Visit our muslin underwear de
Linens for Xmas Presents.
126. Turkish towels 23 x 50 for
127. Silk turkish towels 19c evh.
128. Assorted " $1.25 quality
reduced to 7c c each.
129. Assorted towels 75c- otialitv
reduced to 42c each.
130. Huck towels hemmel n1
fringed 19c each.
131. Damask towels 21 x 46 at
132. H. S. huck towels 19 x 38 at
133. Napkins, large size $1.25 qual
reduced to 85c per dozen.
134. German linen, napkins, din
ner size, good weight and fine quality
at $1.48 per dozen.
135. German table linen 72 inches
wide 79c a yard.
136. Napkins to match above li
nen $1.98 and $2.98 per dozen.
137. German satin damask 72
inches wide, 90c a yard.
138. Napkins to match $.1.98 per
139. $1.75 Satin double damask
72 inches wide $1.39 per yard.
HO. 8-12 Linen sets II. S. 1 dozen
napkins to match $7.87 each.
141. 8-10 Linen set 6atin damask
H. S. an3 1 dozen H. S. napkins to
142. Other grades up to $25.00 a
143. Good crash, pure linen, at
5c per yard.
144. Unbleached crash, heavy, at
7c per yard.
145. Special values at 10, 12 and
14c a yard.
Comforts and Blankets for
146. Soft serge comfort's size 72 x
86, home-made, $1.46 each.
147. Satin covered extra fine and
heaw reduced to $3.17 tuwh rvalue
148. Beautiful silk quilts that
must be seen to be appreciated.
149. $3.25 Comforts reduced to
150. Brookside white blankets
$2.50 grade $1.96 a pair.
151. Pricilla white blankets $1.75
grade $1.35 a pair.
152. 10-4 Household white blan
kets $2.50 grade $2.15 a pair.
153. $5.50 Household white blan
kets reduced to $4.75 a pair.
154. Hillsdale grey blankets only
4.o a pair.
155. $9.00 Scarlett. W.nV(.
reduced to $7.85 a pair.
156. $13.00 White blankets re
duced to $10.55 a pair.
167. Advantageous offerings in
white marniillH nnrl mvkat VA
Domestics and Prints.
158. Dark dress ginghams He qual
ity, at oc per yard.
159. Cord de Lane 35 inches wide
10c quality, at 7c per yard.
160. Chevron stripes 32 inches
wide reduced to 1 ! Jc per yard.
161. Good calico, fast colors at
3c per yard.
162. Black and navy colored fig
ured sateen at 18c per yard.
163. Black and white cheviot
6erge 36 inches wide at 8c per yard.
164. 9-4 Unbleached sheeting 19c
grade, at 12c per yard.
165. 6c Canton flannel at 2c per
166. Lonsdale cambric 36 inches
wide at 6c per yard.
167. Lonsdale muslin 36 inches
wide at 5c per yard.
168. 4-4 Princess muslin 7c grade
at 6Jc per yard.
169. 4 4 Unbleached muslin 7Jc
grade at 3c per yard.
170. 7-4 Sheeting, best quality, at
16c per yard.
171. Ready made sheets, best mus
lin, size, 81 x 90 at 69c each.
172. Ready made pillow slips, size
46x36, at 19c each. j
173. 6 oz. Red flannel, 50c grade,
reduced to 39c per yard. I
174. 25c Red flaunel twilled and
plain, reduced to 19c per yard. .
175. 6-4 Chenille table covers at
$1 .25 each.
No line of goods in the house will
be reduced as greatly as cloks, as
some garments will have as high as
$20 taken off the price. We do not
count profit or loss on a reduction of
this kind, but mark down the prices
where anyone who knows anything of
the value of a cloak at all will see at
once that they are very cheap.
The following will give an idea of
how the prices have been cut:
176. Here is a fearful cut, jackets
which were $33.00, 36.50, 45.00 and
48.50 all marked $22.50.
Here is a short description of some of
177. Tan silk mnnteln n-iH fin
beaver shawl, cuffs piped with beav
er ueavv saun uning, I ormerly 348.50,
reduced to $22.50.
178. Tan kersev linori ihrrucrV-.t
Russian martin collar and cuffs, for
merly $45.00, reduced to $22.50.
179. Many fancy French cord
martin collar and cuffs, and pipings
heavy satin lining, formerly $38.50,
180. Tan Milton figured changea
ble lining. Franklin collar, gauntlet
cuuh, iormeny ot.tu, reduced to
181. Several styles in black and
tan. formerly 33 nn
$22.50. ' ' "
182. Lot No. 2, at $4.69. There
are about fortv jacketa in thialnt
eisting of black, tan, grey, mode,
brown and mixtures, aU for formerly
from 20 to 40 per cent higher.
ioo. ix)iixo. 3, at 6.98. There
are thirtv-four iackntn in iia w
color assorted as above, but styles
more eiauoraie. lacings. There
are garments in this lot thai. M ot
$8.00, $10.00 and $12.50 each, all re
duced to $5.98.
184. Lot No. 4, at $8.48. This
takes in both ladies' anr? mianaa' ianlt-
ets which were $10.00, $12.00 and up
w io.uu eacn, about fitty styles. All
will go at $8.48.
185. Lot No. 5, at $12.50. In this
lot will be found a beautiful assort
ment of stylish garments in both
plain and fur trimmed, some of which
are reduced from five to eight dollars
Capes for Elderly Ladies.
186. In black and tan, several
eiyies, an pui in one price $10.98.
Childrens' and Infants'
187. This includes jackets and
Gretchens for children from 4 to 12
years, and infants' cashmere and
eiderdown cloaks. Prices will be
put upon them that will cause their
MTFFS, CAPES, BOAS, SCARFS, CLEOPATBA
AND STOBM COLLARS.
We hsve decided to let a lot of
these goods go at prices that will be
a big advertisement for the depart
ment. 188. 100 Black hare muffs at 22c.
Dyed Oppossum, Fr. seal, Coney, As
trachan, Nutria, Krimmer, Lynx,
Mink, aU marked cheap.
189. Al. real seal skin muff re
duced to $14.39.
190. Black Coney reduc 1 - $3.89.
191. Cape Seal " 6.39.
192. Monkey " 10.95.
193. Astrachan " " 10.95.
Sets. Muff and Boa.
194. Set best bla.pW
ly $25.00, reduced to $19.98. '
195. Set red fox iWliira? tn.
- -vv w
1 96. Sets of
raccoon, angora, and chinchilla will
197. Will ho i ac
and 2.69, while feather collars will ro
uuiuuo unco oi t-fc eacn.
- miAL vinioiuias gilts, a
muff. Cleonatrft viltnr m u ;
A minerh Kirwh an1 l 1 '
short way of saying what we wish to
COnVOV in iha nuil,. I. t
, iraum, uut mere are
some itinera in !' i i
e ""a niwi WO WOUld
call particular attention to and the
goods to arrive. There are over fifty
styles consisting of decorated table
lamps, banquet in brass, silver and
onyx stands and piano in a large va
riety of styles. The banquet and
piano styles come with linen or silk
shades. There are few house keepers
who would not gladly be the recipient
of a nice lamp as a Christmas gift
199. Special attention is called to
the low prices at which we sell them.
have been carried from the basement
during the few days it has been open
t,o uuuuc Lneie are sun innumer
able articles especially adapted for
gday Presents. Its here you wiU
find all kinds of toys, china and Jap-
j j ' H'ures, easeis, manicur
and dressing ca?es, mirrorp, blsqua
furores, dolls, rinll oo,-o,,. i.n
cribs, children's rockers, sleds, drums.
zuu. Games, pictures, alluminum
ware, baskets, child's sets dishes, and
a gathering many other articles peo-
iu queub oi ai mis season.
Books. Booklets and Xmas
201. These are displayed in about
the center of the store and is one of
the best patronized departments in
the house. At the prices we are sell
ing these goods surely no one need
be without good literature.