Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Occidental and vanguard. (San Francisco [Calif.]) 1866-1868
San Francisco [Calif.] (1866-1868)
Occidental and vanguard. : (San Francisco [Calif.]) 1866-1868
- Place of publication:
- San Francisco [Calif.]
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Occidental and Vanguard Association
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 1, no. 1 (Apr. 15, 1866)-v. 3, no.  (Mar. 20, 1868).
- San Francisco Bay Area (Calif.)--Newspapers.
- "An independent family journal devoted to education, literature, agriculture, politics and general information for the people."
- "Occidental and vanguard" resumed publication of "The Occidental" one year after its destruction "at the hands of the mob," and absorbed the "Democratic sentinel" at that time. Cf. Occidental and vanguard, v. 1, no. 1.
- "Vanguard extra" included for Jan. 18, 1867-Feb. 21, 1867 (nos. 14-19).
- Editors: Zach. Montgomery (1866-April 1, 1867), Zach. Montgomery and J.F. Linthicum, April 1867-
- Latest issue consulted: Vol. 3, no. 5 (Nov. 22, 1867).
- sn 93051095
- Preceding Titles:
View complete holdings information