Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1924 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Christian recorder. (Philadelphia [Pa.]) 1861-1960
Philadelphia [Pa.] (1861-1960)
The Christian recorder. : (Philadelphia [Pa.]) 1861-1960
- Alternative Titles:
- Place of publication:
- Philadelphia [Pa.]
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Rev. Elisha Weaver
- Dates of publication:
Began in Jan. 1861; ceased in 1960.
- African American newspapers--Pennsylvania.
- African American newspapers.--fast--(OCoLC)fst00799278
- African Americans--Newspapers.
- African Americans.--fast--(OCoLC)fst00799558
- Conference eds. have their own numbering system.
- Description based on: New ser., v. 1, no.  (Jan. 19, 1861).
- Issues for <June 12, 1869-Dec. 24, 1891> called also <new ser., no. 1-763>.
- Issues for Jan. 4, 1862-<June 20, 1868> called also whole no. 52-<377>.
- Latest issue consulted: Vol. 111, no. 2 (May 28, 1960).
- Merged with: Southwestern Christian recorder, to form: A.M.E. Christian recorder.
- Published general conference eds.: Christian recorder, May 9-23, 1872 in Nashville, Tenn., and: Daily Christian recorder, May 3-26, 1880 in St. Louis, Mo.
- Supplements accompany some issues.
- sn 93062890
- Preceding Titles:
View complete holdings information