Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Christian advocate. (Nashville [Tenn.]) 1853-1940
Nashville [Tenn.] (1853-1940)
Christian advocate. : (Nashville [Tenn.]) 1853-1940
- Alternative Titles:
Nashville and Louisville Christian advocate
1853-June 29, 1854
Nashville Christian advocate
July 6, 1854-July 1, 1858
- Place of publication:
- Nashville [Tenn.]
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- J.B. M'Ferrin for the Methodist Episcopal Church, South
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 17, no. 17 (Apr. 21, 1853)- = whole no. 858-
- Davidson County (Tenn.)--Newspapers.
- Nashville (Tenn.)--Newspapers.
- Absorbed in 1934: Methodist layman. Cf. Union list of United Methodist serials, 1773-1973.
- Also issued on microfilm by American Theological Library Association.
- Editors: <1861>- H.N. M'Tyeire; <1871>- Thos. O. Summers; <1882>- O.P. Fitazerald; <1890>- E.E. Hoss; <1904>- G.B. Winton.
- Issues for 1890 called v. 50 and 51.
- Latest issue consulted: Vol. 75, no. 52 (Dec. 25, 1914) = whole no, . 3864.
- Merged with: Methodist recorder (Baltimore Md.), and the 5 regional editions of the Christian advocate, issued by the Methodist Episcopal Church, to form: Christian advocate (Methodist Church (U.S.) : 1941).
- Organ of: Methodist Episcopal Church, South.
- Some issues have supplements.
- Vol. 29-38, no. 35 called new series.
- sn 93062956
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information