Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Nouvelle revue Icarienne. (Nauvoo, Ill.) 1856-1856
Nauvoo, Ill. (1856-1856)
Nouvelle revue Icarienne. : (Nauvoo, Ill.) 1856-1856
- Place of publication:
- Nauvoo, Ill.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Dates of publication:
No 1 (30 août 1856)-no 13 (oct. 1856).
- French American newspapers--Illinois--Nauvoo.
- French Americans--Illinois--Nauvoo--Newspapers.
- French Americans.--fast--(OCoLC)fst00934236
- Icarian movement--Illinois--Nauvoo--Newspapers.
- Icarian movement.--fast--(OCoLC)fst00966498
- Utopian socialism--Illinois--Nauvoo--Newspapers.
- available on microfilm;
- Following the 1856 split in the Icarian movement, Étienne Cabet and his followers remained briefly in Nauvoo, Ill., and published the Nouvelle revue Icarienne as a rival to the existing paper, the Revue Icarienne. The group then moved to St. Louis, Mo., where Cabet died on Nov. 8, 1856. The paper was later reestablished in this new location.
- In French and English.
- Nos. 10, 12, 13 each designated "oct. 1856."
- sn 94054731
View complete holdings information