Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Advance [microform]. (Chicago [Ill.]) 1867-1917
Chicago [Ill.] (1867-1917)
The Advance [microform]. : (Chicago [Ill.]) 1867-1917
- Place of publication:
- Chicago [Ill.]
- Geographic coverage:
- Advance Co.
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 1, no. 1 (Sept. 5, 1867)-v. 50, no. 2714 (Nov. 15, 1917).
- Congregational churches--Newspapers.
- Formed by the union of Wisconsin puritan and Religious news-letter.
- Masthead alternately states: Chicago and New York or New York and Chicago, Dec. 2, 1875-May 20, 1880.
- Merged with Congregationalist and Christian world to form Congregationalist and advance.
- Supplements accompany some issues.
- sn 94095385
View complete holdings information