Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Alexandria journal and Alexandria tribune. (Alexandria, Va.) 1953-1966
Alexandria, Va. (1953-1966)
The Alexandria journal and Alexandria tribune. : (Alexandria, Va.) 1953-1966
- Place of publication:
- Alexandria, Va.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Northern Virginia Pub. Co.
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 13, no. 42 (Aug. 6, 1853)-v.27, no. 5 (Feb. 3, 1966).
- Alexandria (Va.)--Newspapers.
- Available on microfilm from Bell & Howell (for the Library of Virginia) <1950-1986>; from Octo Archives <1986-1998>.
- In 1953 Journal Newspapers, Inc. purchased Alexandria tribune, which merged with the Alexandria journal (Alexandria, Va. : 1951).
- In 1954 Journal Newspapers, Inc. also purchased the Fairfax journal, and acquired controlling stock in King Publishing Co., which owned the Standard (Falls Church, Va.), the two of which merged in 1959 to form Fairfax county journal-standard.
- In 1963 Journal Newspapers, Inc. officially published: Fairfax County journal-standard; and Arlington journal.
- Publishers: Northern Virginia Pub. Co. <1953-1962>; Journal Newspapers, Inc. <1963-1966>.
- sn 98068376
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
- Related Titles:
View complete holdings information