Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1925 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About American beacon, and Virginia and North Carolina tri-weekly gazette. (Norfolk, Va.) 1854-1861
Norfolk, Va. (1854-1861)
American beacon, and Virginia and North Carolina tri-weekly gazette. : (Norfolk, Va.) 1854-1861
- Alternative Titles:
- Place of publication:
- Norfolk, Va.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Wm. E. Cunningham and Richard Gatewood, Jr.
- Dates of publication:
Began by 1854; ceased in 1861.
- Three times a week
- Norfolk (Va.)--Newspapers.
- Also published a weekly ed.: title unknown.
- Available on microfilm from Bell & Howell, Micro Photo Div.
- Daily eds.: American beacon (Norfolk, Va. : 1851), <1854>; American beacon and daily commercial advertiser, 1854-1855; American beacon (Norfolk, Va. : 1855), 1855-
- Description based on: Vol. 56, no. 79 (Apr. 3, 1854).
- Latest issue consulted: Vol. 57, no. 12 (Jan. 13, 1855).
- Publishing plant was destroyed by fire Nov. 11, 1856. Cf. Cappon, L.J. Va. newspapers.
- sn 99066775
- Preceding Titles:
- Related Titles:
View complete holdings information