Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1943 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The wasp. [microfilm reel] ([Place of publication not identified]) 1802-1803
[Place of publication not identified] (1802-1803)
The wasp. [microfilm reel] : ([Place of publication not identified]) 1802-1803
- Place of publication:
- [Place of publication not identified]
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- [publisher not identified]
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 1, no. 1 (July 7, 1802)-v. 1, no. 12 (Jan. 26, 1803).
- Columbia County (N.Y.)--Newspapers.
- Hudson (N.Y.)--Newspapers.
- New York (State)--Columbia County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01223301
- New York (State)--Hudson.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01208091
- Edited by "Robert Rusticoat, Esq.," the Wasp was devoted to political satire. It supported the Republican viewpoint, and most of its material was intended to oppose the statements made in Charles Holt's Bee, another local paper, which was Democratic in its political leanings. Cf. American periodicals, 1741-1900.
- Editor: 1802-, R. Rusticoat (pseud.).
- Published in political opposition to: Bee (New London, Conn.).
- sf 88091522
View complete holdings information