Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1777-1963 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The American Negro. [volume] (Springfield, Mo.) 1890-1890
Springfield, Mo. (1890-1890)
- The American Negro. [volume] : (Springfield, Mo.) 1890-1890
- Place of publication:
- Springfield, Mo.
- Geographic coverage:
- American Negro Pub. Co.
- Dates of publication:
- Began in 1890; ceased in 1890.
- African American newspapers--Missouri.
- African American newspapers.--fast--(OCoLC)fst00799278
- African Americans--Missouri--Newspapers.
- African Americans.--fast--(OCoLC)fst00799558
- Springfield (Mo.)--Newspapers.
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 11 (Oct. 25, 1890).
- Microfilmed by the Library of Congress for the Committee on Negro Studies of the American Council of Learned Societies.
- sn 83025434
- View complete holdings information
- First Issue Last Issue
About this Newspaper
A portion of the issues digitized for this newspaper were microfilmed as part of the Miscellaneous Negro newspapers microfilm collection, a 12 reel collection containing issues of African American newspapers published in the U.S. throughout the 19th and 20th centuries. Creation of the microfilm project was sponsored by the Committee on Negro Studies of the American Council of Learned Societies in 1947. For more information on the microfilm collection, see: Negro Newspapers on Microfilm, a Selected List (Library of Congress), published in 1953. While this collection contains selections from more than 150 U.S. newspapers titles, for further coverage, view a complete list of all digitized African American titles available in the Chronicling America collection.
Provided by: Library of Congress, Washington, DC