Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1963 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About New York evening express. (New York [N.Y.]) 1839-1881
New York [N.Y.] (1839-1881)
New York evening express. : (New York [N.Y.]) 1839-1881
- Alternative Titles:
New York Express
- Place of publication:
- New York [N.Y.]
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Townsend & Brooks
- Dates of publication:
[Began 1839]; ceased Dec. 1881.
- Daily (except Sunday)
- New York (N.Y.)--Newspapers.
- New York (State)--New York County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01234953
- New York (State)--New York.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01204333
- New York County (N.Y.)--Newspapers.
- Also issued on microfilm from the New York Public Library.
- Campaign ed.: Dollar express.
- Description based on: Jan. 24, 1840.
- Friday weekly ed.: New York weekly express.
- Issues for Nov. 1-2, 1844 misdated as Oct. 1-2, 1844.
- Morning eds.: New York daily express, 1839-1843; New York morning express, 1843-1864.
- Publisher varies: J & E Brooks, <1856, 1863-1869>; Wm. B. Townsend, James & Erastus Brooks, <1843>
- Wednesday weekly ed.: New York dollar weekly express.
- sn 83030103
- Succeeding Titles:
- Related Titles:
View complete holdings information