Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1963 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Grand Island daily independent. (Grand Island, Neb.) 1965-1989
Grand Island, Neb. (1965-1989)
The Grand Island daily independent. : (Grand Island, Neb.) 1965-1989
- Alternative Titles:
Grand Island Sunday independent
Grand Island weekender independent
- Place of publication:
- Grand Island, Neb.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- D. Beliles
- Dates of publication:
Began with Sept. 30, 1965 issue; ceased with Nov. 10, 1989 issue.
- Daily (except Jan. 1, July 4, Thanksgiving, & Dec. 25)
- Description based on: Vol. 114, no. 186 (Friday, July 6, 1984).
- Merged with: The Grand Island daily independent (Regular ed.), to form: The Grand Island Independent.
- On Saturdays published as: the Grand Island weekender independent, Jan. 21, 1967-Sept. 22, 1979.
- On Sundays published as: the Grand Island Sunday independent, Sept, 30, 1979-1989.
- sn 84008880
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information