Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1943 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Pittsylvania tribune. (Chatham, Va.) 1877-1919
Chatham, Va. (1877-1919)
The Pittsylvania tribune. : (Chatham, Va.) 1877-1919
- Place of publication:
- Chatham, Va.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- L.H. Pigg
- Dates of publication:
Began with Jan. 1, 1877 issue; ceased in 1919.
- Chatham (Va.)--Newspapers.
- Pittsylvania County (Va.)--Newspapers.
- Virginia--Pittsylvania County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01210134
- "Chatham Tribune established in 1869 and Pittsylvania Courier established in 1876, consolidated January 1, 1877." Cf. May 23, 1879 issue, Pittsylvania tribune.
- "The only paper published at the county seat of the largest county in the state."
- Description based on: Vol. 10, no. 8 (Feb. 21, 1879).
- Editor: <May 23, 1879> L.H. Pigg.
- Merged with the Enterprise (Chatham, Va. : 1911) to form the Tribune-Enterprise, 1919. Cf. Cappon, L.J. Va. newspapers.
- Publishers: B. Davis and L.H. Pigg, <1878> ; W.S. Davis <1910>.
- sn 84025982
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information