Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1963 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The national era. (Washington [D.C.]) 1847-1860
Washington [D.C.] (1847-1860)
The national era. : (Washington [D.C.]) 1847-1860
- Place of publication:
- Washington [D.C.]
- Geographic coverage:
District of Columbia
| View more titles from this:
- L.P. Noble
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 1, no. 1 (Jan. 7, 1847)-v. 14, no. 690 (Mar. 22, 1860).
- African Americans--Washington (D.C.)--Newspapers.
- African Americans.--fast--(OCoLC)fst00799558
- Antislavery movements--United States--Newspapers.
- Antislavery movements.--fast--(OCoLC)fst00810800
- United States.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01204155
- Washington (D.C.)--fast--(OCoLC)fst01204505
- Washington (D.C.)--Newspapers.
- Also issued on microfilm by University Microfilms International, and the Library of Congress, Photoduplication Service.
- Archived issues are available in digital format from the Library of Congress Chronicling America online collection.
- Daily ed.: Daily national era, 1854.
- Editor by G. Baily, Jun., Jan. 7, 1847-<Dec. 11, 1856>; G. Baily also proprietor Feb. 10, 1848-<Dec. 11, 1856>; Corresponding editors: Amos A. Phelps, Jan. 1- Aug. 12, 1847; and: James G. Whittier, Jan. 1, 1847-<Dec. 11, 1856>
- Final issue of each volume includes the volume index.
- Published by L. P. Noble, Jan. 1, 1847-Dec. 7, 1848.
- sn 84026752
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
- Related Titles:
- Related Links:
View complete holdings information