Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1963 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Morgan County gazette. (Martinsville, Ind.) 1849-1876
Martinsville, Ind. (1849-1876)
Morgan County gazette. : (Martinsville, Ind.) 1849-1876
- Place of publication:
- Martinsville, Ind.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- J.T. Worth
- Dates of publication:
Began July 26, 1849.
Ceased in 1876?
- Indiana--Morgan County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01218134
- Martinsville (Ind.)--Newspapers.
- Morgan County (Ind.)--Newspapers.
- Began as an Independent paper; became a supporter of the American (Know-Nothing)--party; changed to a Republican paper and then back to an Independent journal. Cf. Miller and issues of the "Gazette."
- Description based on: Vol. 4, no. 1 (Feb. 6, 1853); title from masthead.
- Has numbering irregularities; issue for January 6, 1866 mislabeled 1865 on banner.
- Latest issue consulted: Vol. XVI, no. 1 (January 6, 1866); U.S. Newspaper Archive (viewed May 19, 2017).
- sn 84027538
- Succeeding Titles:
- Related Links:
View complete holdings information