Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1963 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Highland democrat. (Peekskill, Westchester County) 1858-1942
Peekskill, Westchester County (1858-1942)
The Highland democrat. : (Peekskill, Westchester County) 1858-1942
- Place of publication:
- Peekskill, Westchester County
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Fenelon Hasbrouck, M.D.
- Dates of publication:
Ceased in July, 1942. Cf. Pioneers, Patriots and People, Past and Present: A History of Peekskill, N.Y., William T. Horton, 1953.
Vol. 13, no. 33 (May 22, 1858)-
- New York (State)--Peekskill.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01209452
- New York (State)--Westchester County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01202684
- Peekskill (N.Y.)--Newspapers.
- Westchester County (N.Y.)--Newspapers.
- Absorbed : Highland Eagle.
- Editors: Fenelon Hasbrouck, <1859-1860>; N.G. Foshay, <1876>; J.T. Foshay, <1876>.
- Latest issue consulted: (Dec. 26, 1940).
- Merged with: Poughkeepsie Square Dealer, to form: Poughkeepsie Square Dealer and the Highland Democrat.
- Publisher: Fenelon Hasbrouck <1858-1862>; Eugene A. Adams & J.T. Kimber <1862>; J.T. Kimber <1862->; E.J. Horton (1863- ); Foshay Brothers, <1876-1885>; Nelson G. Foshay, <1895>-1901; A.W. Foshay, 1901- ; Highland Democrat Co., <1906-1940>.
- Supported General Sam Houston for president, 1860.
- Volume for 1879 numbered v. 24.
- sn 84031884
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
- Related Titles:
View complete holdings information