Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1963 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Salem Whig. [volume] (Salem, Ind.) 1839-1841
Salem, Ind. (1839-1841)
The Salem Whig. [volume] : (Salem, Ind.) 1839-1841
- Place of publication:
- Salem, Ind.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Hay & Rowse
- Dates of publication:
Began in 1839?
Ceased in 1841
- Indiana--Washington County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01217010
- Salem (Ind.)--Newspapers.
- Washington County (Ind.)--Newspapers.
- Description based on: Vol. 2, no. 14 = whole no. 66 (Aug. 1, 1840).
- In Spring 1841, the office of "The Salem Whig" was sold to William H. and James G. May, who used the equipment to start the "Western commentator."
- sn 85048013
- Preceding Titles:
View complete holdings information