Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1963 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Paragould daily press. (Paragould, Ark.) 1921-1968
Paragould, Ark. (1921-1968)
The Paragould daily press. : (Paragould, Ark.) 1921-1968
- Alternative Titles:
Paragould Arkansas daily press
Paragould daily press and daily press-soliphone
Paragould daily press soliphone
- Place of publication:
- Paragould, Ark.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Rupert C. Wright
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 12, no. 18 (Sept. 26, 1921)-82nd year, no. 83 (Apr. 6-7, 1968).
- Daily (except Sunday)
- Greene County (Ark.)--Newspapers.
- Paragould (Ark.)--Newspapers.
- "Arkansas" appears within masthead ornament, Mar. 11, 1927-Jan. 18, 1955 and occasionally in Mar.-Apr. 1968.
- "Soliphone" appears below masthead title, <Jan. 1, 1952>-Aug. 29, 1959.
- Numbering is irregular.
- On July 1, 1959 the Paragould soliphone was consolidated with this newspaper and subsequently issued as the Paragould daily press=soliphone. The latter was issued as a morning rural ed., while this newspaper was issued concurrently as an afternoon city ed.
- Saturday issues called: Soliphone weekender, July 7, 1963-Apr. 6, 1968.
- sn 90050223
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
- Related Titles:
View complete holdings information