Newspaper Page Text
St. Lawrence, Minneapolis.
St. Francis, Benson. St. Canice, Kilkenny. St. Michael, Stillwater. Si. John, Wanda. \FROM SPECIAL ARCHDIOCESE of ST. PAUL FORTY HOURS' DEVOTION. Nihth Sunday after Pentecost, August 6. St. Maron, Minneapolis. St. Patrick, Cedar Lak*. St. Mary, Arlington. Blessed Virgin, New Trier. SS. Cyril and Methodius, Taunton. Tenth Sunday after Pentecost, August 13- St. Peter Claver, St. Paul. St. Genevieve, Centerville. St. Thomas, Jessenland. St. Paul, Nicollet. St. Anne, YV'abasso. Eleventh Sunday after Pentecost, Au gust 20. St. Hedwig, .Minneapolis, St. Hubert, ChauhassaB. St. John, Jordan. s Ascension, Norwood. St. Joseph, VVaconia. Twelfth Sunday after Pentecost, Au gust 27. ST. PAUL. Church of St. Mary: The men of the parish, under the auspices of St. Mary's Guild, will give a festival on the Kelly grounds, 619 Plum street, on Thursday evening, August. 10. Final arrangements for this social will be made next Monday evening at a meet ing of the men at the church hall. The two summer festivals already held on ihe Kelly lawn have been exception ally successful, but these successes have stimulated the men to make their affair even a greater and grand er function. Mr. Kelly's lawn offers an ideal place for an evening's entertainment, tor both young and old. It is beau lifully and artistically lighted, and has a large platform. The grounds are very spacious. Hanging like a suspended garden, on a high bluff overlooking the Father of Waters as he hurries majestically down to the Gulf, they are swept by the cooling breezes that seem to center here from river and rolling plain. The view of city and hill country beyond is inspir-. ing and superb. A more pleasant spot is not to be found in the city of St. Paul. Guild of Catholic Women: The Guild of Catholic Women entertained the patients at the City hospital with a musical program in the tubercular pavilion from 3 to 4:30 last Saturday. Mrs. Hugo Sturnes was chairman of the Hospital committee. MINNEAPOLIS. League of Catholic Women: Tenta tive plans are being made by the Min neapolis League of Catholic Women for a reception early in September to formally mark the opening of the new headquarters, 33-35 South Sixth street. The league moved August 1 from its old headquarters, 720 Marquette ave nue. to its new home. Service was discontinued last week at the league cafeteria and will be started in the new quarters on August 7. Mrs. R. P. O'Brien, president of the league, announced that the new quar ters would contain an assembly room, equipped to seat more than two hun dred, a lounge, two rest rooms, office, dining hall and kitchen. Complete new equipment has been secured for the kitchen and the dining hall will be refurnished attractively. Assisting Mrs. O'Brien and members of the executive board in the work is a special committee, including Mrs. .Joseph W. Brown, Mrs. M. Breslauer and Mrs. P. J. Ryan. A. O. H.: The annual picnic of the A. O. H. will be given August 20 at Parkers lake. Miss Elizabeth Mc Grath, Mrs. Nellie Whitney, James Kelley and G. Molan are in charge of the arrangements and have appoint ed the following committees: gener al arrangements, Miss Elizabeth Mc Grath and J. C. Sheehan prizes, Mrs. J. Gleason and A. Cramsey sports, Miss Mary Cosgrove and Willard Dick enson: publicity, Mrs. Teresa Jordan and J. Kelley. DIOCESE OF CR00KST0N Crookston: Solemn services were held in the Church of St. Ann on her feast day, following a novena preach ed by the pastor, Rev. Paul Lefloch. In the morning, a Solemn High Mass was celebrated by Father Lefloch. He was assisted by Rev. E. Grimonprez, deacon, and Rev. M. Dufault, subdea oon. Father Grimonprez delivered the sermon. In the evening, a large pro cession took place around the church, the people bearing candles and sing ing hymns. Father Theillon, the cel ebrant at Benediction, was assisted by Fathers Wurm, Dufault and Grimon prez. The Bishop, who preached, and Father Bernier, S. J., of St. Boniface, Manitoba, were also present. Red Lake Falls: Rev. Father Ber nier, S. J., conducted a retreat in hon or of St. Ann in St. Joseph's church. The exercises were largely attended and the entire parish received the Sac raments. Father E. J. Lemire, the pastor, sang the Solemn High Mass, assisted by Father Bernier and Rev. John Gans of St. John's seminary. Ada: The Right Reverend Bishop administered the Sacrament of Con firmation and took occasion to com mend the good work of Father Mer rill, the pastor. He also spoke in words of highest praise of his prede cessor, Father Pelger, who erected the church and remodeled the presbytery, isli. a—i I fldffl I 5 8 T* t'KeXS Father Dufault of the Cathedral accompanied the Bishop and assisted Father Merrill, together with Rev. Jos. Mulvey of St. John's seminary, at the Solemn High Mass. Oklee: The Bishop recently visited the parish of Oklee and inspected the presbytery, which, under the direc tion of Dean E. J. Lemire, has been improved and prepared for the new pastor. Both the interior and exterior of the renovated house presents a beautiful appearance. Solemn High Mass, at the occasion of the Bishop's Visit, was celebrated by Father Le mire, assisted by Rev. S. Beaulieu and Rev. John B. Gans. At the general meeting of the parishioners a gener ous contribution was made toward payment of the expenses incurred by the extensive improvements in the presbytery. Moreover, through the ef forts of Father Lemire, the parish debt has been liquidated, excepting one thousand dollars. Georgetown: The Bishop confirmed a large class last Sunday, including numerous adults and some converts. Wonderful work has been accomplish ed in this growing parish by its zeal ous pastor, Father Koelman. A model presbytery has been erected and a number of parishioners have return ed to the fold. The Bishop highly complimented Father Koelman on his excellent work. A Solemn High Mass was celebrated by the pastor, assist ed by Rev. J. Wurm and Rev. Jos. Mulvev. DIOCESE OF DULUTH Barnum: On Sunday, July 30, Rev. Robert E. Sesnon, Dominican House of Studies, Washington, brought to a close a most successful mission in Barnum Father Caslien, who attends Barnum, was with Father Sesnon dur ing the mission. Father Cashen also during the week visited the adjoining mission of Moose Lake, and collected for a new church to replace the one burned in the great fire of 1918. In this he was most successful, collect ing in one week $500. On Monday evening, July 31, Fa ther Sesnon opened a three days' re treat in preparation for the Feast of St. Dominic, which falls on Friday, August 4. DIOCESE OF FARGO Confirmation: On Wednesday, Au gust 2, confirmation was conferred in the Church of St. Philip, Hankinson. A large class presented themselves well prepared to receive the Sacra ment. The Church, of St. Philip was erected by the zeal and sacrifice of the present pastor and his people, and it is considered one of the most beau tiful churches in the diocese of Far go. To make the parish complete, nothing more is needed than that the dreams of Father Studnicka be crys tallized into a Catholic school, a con summation most devoutly to be wish ed. Fargo: The new Catholic school in the parish of St. Anthony of Padua is approaching completion. It will be ready for occupancy the first of the school year. It will be one of the fin est schools in North Dakota. For a parish that is very young, immediately after it had built its church, to build this school is a unique accomplish ment in this state. The Right Reverend Bishop, who has been traveling extensively over the state since he returned from his visit to Rome, says that in despite of politics and politicians, reactionaries, progressives and socialists, the glori ous plains of North Dakota never gave clearer evidence of a more abundant harvest. Lisbon: Father Cullen, who has been ill for some time in St. John's hospital in Fargo, is now able to take his place at the head of his parish, to the great delight of both Catholics and non-Catholics. New Rockford: Father Eck, who has been assisting Father Schimmil at this place, has been appointed to take charge of the parish of Anam'oose and Balfour. DIOCESE OF HELENA Diocesan Correspondent: Rev. Thom as B. Killila. Butte: The members of the Church of St. John the Evangelist, of which Father Peter MacDonald is pastor, are planning to give their third annu al picnic on August 7, at Clark play grounds. In the past, the church pic nic has always been a big affair, but the committee in charge is planning to make the one this year the best of all A Coram Episcopo Mass was cele brated for the first time in many years Friday morning of last week when the Rev. Emmett Riley officiated at the Requiem Mass for his sister, Miss Margaret A. Riley, at St. Mary's church. He was assisted by the Rev. M. J. Hannen as deacon and Rev. Pat rick McVeigh as subdeacon. Bishop John P. Carroll of Helena came to be present at the services, and was as sisted by Fathers Joyce and McCor mick. Father F. X. Leschner, who has been making a tour of Europe during the last five months, has returned to his home in Butte. During his stay in Etirope, Father Leschner visited Bel gium, Germany, France, Holland and portions of Austria. He was among the huge audience which attended the Passion Play at Oberammergau. It was his first visit to the old country in many years. A church service extending hun dreds of miles to a congregation of unseen thousands was broadcasted besides thoroughly organizing the par-1 from the Standard radio studio the fpr^U evening of July 23. The Rev. J. M. Nolan, pastor of St. Ann's, delivered the sermon and a fine concert of sacred music was sent through the air by Miss Martha Bow den, Butte's popular young soprano. Miss Lois Treloar was the organist. Again a large crowd thronged the street adjoining the studio, and when the popular vocalist finished her last sacred selection, the crowd was so in sistent that Miss Bowden sang the old ballad, "When You and I Were Young, Maggie." Father Nolan, in a clear, resonant voice, delivered the sermonette from the text: "It Is appointed unto man once to die." Heb. ii, 27. The distinction of being the first building in the city to be adorned with a copper shingle roof will go to St. Patrick's parochial school, where a corps of workers are busily engag ed in stripping off the old covering and replacing it with green copper shingles. The work of remodeling and repairing the school will be fin ished September 1. Father Venus is expected home Au gust 15, at which time, it is believed, important announcements relative to a building program will be made. The present St. Patrick's church was built under the pastorship of Fa ther J. J. Dols in 1882. "The Church of St. Patrick" was founded in Butte in 1866 by the Rev. R. De Ryckere, who later removed to Deer Lodge. It was a frame structure and the first Catholic house of worship in the city. Father Dols of the Oregon mission came to the parish on March 8, 1881, and became the first regular priest of the mission. In May, 1882, the foundation stone of the present church was laid by Father De Ryck ere, assisted by Father Frank Kel leher, and the building was ready for use before the close of the year. The cost of the building was about $18,000. The spire is 108 feet high. The church was solemnly dedicated on September 17, 1884. A pastoral residence was also built in 1881 at a cost of $3,500. Church statistics of 1884 gave the congregation as 2,500 and the regular communicants as 1, 600. Both have vastly increased since that date. As the congregation grew, the size of the church was increased by the addition of wings. Continued increase of membership caused the establish ment of other parishes and the erec tion of other church buildings to re lieve congestion at St. Patrick's. The style of the architecture is Gothic throughout. A number of fine stained glass windows were placed about 20 years ago. FASCIST! MAKE WAR ITALIAN FACTIONISTS OPPOSE CATHOLICS AND SOCIALISTS VIOLENCE AND OUTRAGES ARE FREQUENT. A series of grave disorders provok ed by the Fascisti in various parts of Italy has culminated in a Cabinet cri sis. Premier Facta and his entire cabinet presented their resignations to King Emmanuel after the chamber had condemned the government for not suppressing the outrages. Al though the Catholic popular party held three important portfolios in the min istry, the Catholic members of the chamber voted with the opposition. The new cabinet, when it is formed, will have to depend upon the Catholic party for support, since the Catholic representatives constitute the largest and most influential group in the chamber. The Fascisti, composed largely of Italian militarists and former soldiers, have instituted a reign of terror in Italy. This group is opposed alike to the constructive social reform pro gram of the Catholic Partito Populare and the radical program of the Com munists. Violent encounters between the opposing forces have frequently taken place, l^ast week the Fascisti attacked the Catholic Chamber of La bor at Vincenza and set the building on fire. TO FIGHT BIGOTRY CATHOLICS OF TULSA, OKLAHO MA, WILL COMBAT ANTI-CATH OLIC WAVE. On last Sunday evening, about two thousand members of the Holy Fam ily parish, Tulsa, Okla., met in the church. The purpose of the meeting was to fully apprise the Catholics of the proposed amendment to the con stitution of the state, which, if pass ed, deprives the parents of educating their children in the school of their choice, and has for its sinister pur pose the closing of f3&e parochial schools of the state. The purpose of the orpratiTzation will be to combat the pernicious wave of bigotry, and the consequent defama tions of the Catholic Church, through the pernicious propaganda being spread in Oklahoma. DRAMATIZE THEK.OF C. ORDER WILL BE THE SUBJECT OF DRAMATIZATION BY NOTED FRENCH PLAYWRIGHT. From Francois Forche of Paris, one of France's noted poet-dramatists, in formation has reached New York that for the first time, the compliment of dramatizing an American fraternal or ganization on the European stage will be paid the Knights of Columbus in September, when Mr. Porche's new play, "Un Chevalier de Colomb" (A Knight of Columbus), will be produced at the Comedie Francaise. Mr. Porche received his inspiration for the play during the pilgrimage of the Knights of Columbus to France which -.&•%> Fma&fc «oa£e, a national event. yowifHi 'it^'M' JHP wnitl•• THE CATHOLIC BULLETIN, AUGUST 5,1922 Eugene K. Campbell, Jr., Belle Har bor, Long Island, was the winner of probably the highest honors attained by any pupil of the Rockaway schools, finishing his entire schooling in four and a half years and carrying off high est honors in his class. Eugene has just rounded out his thirteenth year. His parents did not send him to school until he was nine years old. In school at each promotion time he "skipped" many classes. Eugene entered St. Francis de Sales academy, where he completed his schooling. Eugene has never been late, and not absent from school one day in the past two years. He graduated at the head of his class at St. Fran cis de Sales academy in June, being valedictorian. He received the high est average among the graduates of the school in the Regents' examina tions, his mark being 98 per cent, the highest attained in the school and, it is said, among the highest marks at tained by a scholar in the state. He also won the gold medal for excel lence. Eugene K. Campbell, Jr., is a grand son of the late James P. Campbell, a noted attorney of Manhattan, and a grandnephew of The Rev. Thomas J. Campbell, orator and historian. His father is one of the best known news paper men in New York City. Christian Science leaders announced that the construction of a $1,000,000 college, near St. Louis, is under way at present. It will be the first Chris tian Science college in the world, it was said. HIE TOLEDOJfflEM WILL HAVE STRIKINGLY DISTINC TIVE ARCHITECTURAL POINTS. Toledo's new $500,000 cathedral will have striking architectural features that promise to make it one of the most distinctive church edifices in the United States. The late John T. Comes, distinguished architect of Pittsburgh, was the designer. The chief feature of the facade will be the recessed arch in which the rose window and twin entrances are placed. Above the latter there will be a figure of Christ on the Cross, with attendant figures of St. John and the Blessed Virgin. A campanile, recalling the Giralda tower of the Cathedral of Seville, will be a distinctive feature, and an open colonnade will connect the church with the school and rectory to be bttiiL FATHER STEFFES DEAD VENERABLE JESUIT WAS EIGHTY ONE YEARS OF AGE—FORMER TEACHER AT CAMPION PASSES AWAY. Rev. Edward Steffen, S. J., has gone to his eternal reward, at the ripe old age of almost 81 years. He died at St. Stanislaus seminary, Florissant, Mo. Father Steffen was born at Bochum, in Germany, in 1841. He entered the Society of Jesus on April 10, 1862, and went through the usual course of studies for a Jesuit. He greatly dis tinguished himself in these by his clear intellect and above all by his wonderful talent for mathematics. Shortly after his ordination, Father Steffen was teacher of mathematics and director of a sodality at Feld kirch college in Austria. In 1882, he was sent to America and became teacher of mathematics at Canisius college, Buffalo. A year later he was sent to Sacred Heart college, Prairie du Chien, Wis., where he devoted him self until the close of the college, in 1888, to teaching principally mathe matics and commercial branches. In 1888, Sacred Heart college became a novitiate for candidates for the Or der and Father Steffen became first novice master and a year later rec tor of the college. This double office he administered with wonderful suc cess till August 27, 1893, when, at his most urgent and repeated request, he was relieved of both offices. Ni UmSNEMS IS CATHOLIC COLLEGE FRATER NITY GRADUATE CHAPTERS ESTABLISHED IN PRINCIPAL BOYS, READ IS THEY WERE WRONG YOUNGSTER FINISHES GRADES INI SERBS SEEK TO MAKE CAPITAL LESS THAN FIVE YEARS—CAR RIES OFF ALL HONOR8. CITIES—NEW UNIT ORGANIZED IN NEW YORK. A dinner was held at the Chemists' Club, New York, recently, that prom ises to exert a stimulating influence on Catholic intellectual and social life in that city. The occasion was the getting together of a number of grad uate members of Phi Kappa, the Catholic College fraternity that has chapters in a number of colleges and universities. Graduate chapters are already established in Boston, Provi dence, Chicago and several other cities. Phi Kappa fraternity was organized at Brown university. Providence, R. I., thirty years ago, for the purpose of bringing Catholic students together. Its objects as declared in a preamble were: "The cultivation of high char acter, superior scholarship, good fel lowship, and helpful co-operation among Its members to more intimate ly unite students and alumni, to en courage literary studies, to promote higher educational standards among Catholics, and to cultivate in a praise worthy manner the spirit expressed in its matt?. Loyalty |o Qod.»nd col lege." .V OF POPE'S REBUKE TO BISH- oN. (By N. C. W. C. News Service.) The anti-Catholic elements of the Serbian press have taken the rebuke sent by the Holy Father to the Serbian Bishops of Jugo-Slavia, who attended the Oriental schismatic church serv ices on the occasion of the marriage of King Alexander, as indicating that the Vatican and Catholicism in gen eral are hostile to the Serbian dynas ty. The "Politica," the "Rijec" and the "Tribuna" made great capital out of these rumors which have been em phatically denied by the Vatican. That they are utterly without foundation is proved by the fact that in the audi ence granted to Dr. Anton Bauer, Archbishop of Zagreb, the Holy Fa ther requested him to impart to the royal couple his apostolic benediction "with all his heart." LEARNED JEM DIES FATHER SMITH, NOTED ENGLISH PRIEST AND LECTURER, IS DEAD. Father Sydney Smith, who was aft er Father Bernard Vaughan perhaps one of the best known of the English Jesuits, has died in London in his 79th year. Father Smith's father was an Anglican clergyman, Vicar of Worth, and the late Jesuit was received into the Church when he was 21 years of age. He was a man of the widest cul ture, and both as a preacher and a lecturer he achieved a nation-wide fame. But it was as a writer that he was best known, and many of his contro versial brochures have been pub lished by the Catholic Truth Society. Some of his most effective and telling pamphlets were masterly exposures of the various ex-priests and escaped nuns who inflicted themselves on a credulous public. In 1891, Father Smith was attached to the staff of Jes uit writers at Farm street in London, and for some time he edited the "Month," a periodical published by the English Jesuits that has its subscrib ers wherever the English language is either spoken or read. MASON ENJERS MOM PROMINENT MADRID ANTI-CLERI CAL MAKES SUBMISSION TO CHURCH. (By N. C. W. C. News Service.) Great excitement has been caused by the unexpected and sensational conversion of Diego Gomez del Valle, one of the most radical anti-clericals of Madrid, who has for many years distinguished himself as a revolution ary lecturer, Free-thinker and Mason. He has always been known for his hostility against the Catholic Church and the clergy, hence the general sur prise manifested by the public at large when it became known that he had abjured his errors and publicly asked the pardon of the ecclesiastical authorities for his past conduct. It is stated that the miraculous cure of one of his children a few years ago first caused the change of mind which has led to his acceptance of Catholi cism. WALK TO SHRIKE Two Catholic priests from Boston who made the pilgrimage to the Shrine of St. Anne de Beaupre on foot, have arrived there after traveling for more than two weeks. They are the Rev. Bernard O'Kane of Brookline and the Rev. John Mahoney of Brighton. The priests left Boston July 9, and averaged twenty-five miles a day. The distance is estimated at 425 miles. FRENCH BIRTH RATE POPULATION GROWING IN CATHO LIC PARTS OF FRENCH RE PUBLIC. (By N. C. W. C. News Service.) Statistics just published for the year 1921 show that in France in a population of 39,000,000 there were 456,221 marriages, 833,396 births and 696,373 deaths. During the last year before the war, 1913, the statistics for 41,000,000 in habitants showed 312,036 marriages, 790,355 births and 731,441 deaths. The increase in the number of births over the number of deaths for 1921 is 117,023, while the mean figure for the years from 1901 to 1913 was 40,000 per year. The departments where the birth rate is highest are the departments of the North and Brittany, Lorraine and Alsace. These are the departments where religious traditions are strong est. RED GROSS COWSHTiaS NATIONAL GATHERING TO TAKE PLACE IN WASHINGTON, OC TOBER 9. The annual convention of the Amer ican Red Cross will be held in Wash ington, October 9, 10 and 11, with President Harding delivering the open ing address. Representatives of 3,626 chapters in the United States are entitled to seats In the convention. The program in eludes addresses by General Pershing Commander MacNider of the Ameri can Legion, Colonel Forbes of the Vet erans' Bureau, Secretary of Commerce Hoover, and others. Chief Justice Taft iif_ to preside at one of the ses sions. 000 LADY or GME VII Centenary Edition 50th Thousand Catechism Third Order This commentary on the Rule of the Third Order answers all the questions commonly raised about this great Franciscan Lay organization. 62 pages—Price 15 cents A NATIONAL CATHOLIC MAGAZINE nmri GOLD CRQWN GIVEN DOMINICAN SHRINE BY THE VATICAN ARCHBISHOP VESCONCEPLOS DELEGATED BY POPE TO CON FER TREASURE. Archbishop Vesconceplos has left Rome for Santo Domingo, having been delegated by His Holiness Pope Pius XI to place upon the image of Our Lady of High Grace the golden crown granted for that purpose by the decn of the Vatican Chapter. The cerem ny will be carried out on August 1 the Feast of the Assumption, at i great gathering of the clergy and tl devout people of the republic. Many high dignitaries of the Church are coming from other Latin American re publics. This recognition by Rome of the great religious importance of the far famed image of Neustra Senora de la Alta Gracia—Our Lady of High Grace —has brought the Dominican people to a state of high religious gratification. The event, coinciding as it does with the news from Washington that the Commissioners of the Dominican re public have brought the negotiations with the State Department of the United States to a successful issue, and that the Dominican republic will soon be established in a sovereign in dependence, and on terms of amity and co-operation with the United States, seems to all citizens of the Dominican republic to be an event of the highest possible good augury. MOVING OF HOUSEHOLD GOODS 184 East 6th St. St. Paul, Minn. H. Eichhorn & Son Upholsterers Repairing and Matress Renovating For prompt service call Cedar 6200 273 West Seventh St. St. Paul, Minn. St. Paul Stove and Furnace Repair Works Furnace, Stove, Range and Gas Range Repairing Manufacturers & Jobbers of Extra Parts Odar 1200 Garfield 2018 105 East Third Street Parts In Stock for 20,000 Different Stove* and Furnace* Established 1899 Wilfred Lalonde & Son 'J 7:»0 Grand Ave. s St. Paul, Mirtn. Church Decorator and Designer Sketches and Specifications upon request. DOCTORS St. Paul Milk UUuuuii uirui G. A. WHITMAN, President K. M. Cwfirs vv buij, Cashierj THE FIRST IMT1C8M MX l»F EVELETH EVELET1I, !HI\N. Capita) and Surplus, ^iu'J.OOO.OO Your iiusine*ii Invited DcW*tl-5eitz Co. Manufacturers*of Mattresses and Springs and Wholesale Furniture SUPERIOR, DULUTH, WISCONSIN M:NNFSOT^ St. Germain Bros., Inc. MAJfl'l I AMI JOniJDHS Glass and Paints Get Our Prices Covering Your Requirements. Glass and Paints. Art Glass Memorials. EKtal)li*hc«l ls91 DULUTH, MINN. Attention! Trapper, and rarmers Highest price* paid for hidei and fun. Keturna mailed same day ag goods re ceived. Write or phone us for prioe« and taga. Duluth Hide & Fur Co. 1924'1928 West Michigan St. Duluth, Minn. Call Melrose 209S or 2699. Melrose 78 Grand DULUTH, WEST 51ST CHICAGO, ILI- N. W. Ce dar 1836 Tri-State Ga 5750 T. V. Mc CUE TRANSFER CO. FREIGHT DISTRIBUTORS AND & Duluth Ice Fuei Co. 12 EAST SUPERIOR STREET Fine Interior Finish Lumber, Sash, Doors and Mouldings Scott-Graff Lumber Co, Ml.VN, .SMOKE. Elcora Cigars MADE IN DULUTH I USE DIAMOND fl CaUs & Shoes Manufactured by 8 Osmond Ca'i,* Horseshoe Co Ouluth. Minn. Both Phones 1940 8 HART TRANSFER F. A. agree that the careful selection of pure rich milk for infants is the urgent duty of parents. The I utmost care is exerciscd in the production, pasteurization and bottling of PURITAN] MILK and CREAM. Co, Pi ici Distributors J. A. WELCH CO. General Job PRINTING 4th Floor Peoples Rank Bld£. SIXTH AND WABASHA ST. t' PAUL, MINNESOTA MAIL ORDERS SOLICITED WE PRINT EVERYTHING Retfly Promptly- iooaomicriy STORAGE CO Moving Packing Storage Office: 17 North Fifth Ave. W. DUI-UTII, MINN. BEYOND DOUBT OR QUESTION The Glass Block The Shopping Center^ of Duluth CONSOLIDATED STAMP AND PRINTING COMPANY JOB PRINTING Job Printing, Steel Die Embossed Stationery, Card and Wedding En graving, Rubber Stamps. 14 Fourth Ave. West, DULUTE A. J. LINDGREN W. First fiULUTH, MINN. VICTROLAS msim & 03, Wholesale Dry Gooto and Manufacturers urf.uT^i Makers of tin- Fnmon« Patri-I.-Duluth Wool i'roil acta Write for Ca trtlo.icno. Z E N I meat* PURE LARD ELLIOTT & COMPANY DULUTH, MINN. Hospital Linens and Bedding When in need of supplies of this kind WRITE us for PRICES and SAMPLES. It will pay you well, non ue com DULUTH, MINN. WANTED—-Salesmen With cars extend the circulation of The Catf« olic Bulletin in the R. F. D. districts. For particulars call or write Mr. Cdi^ Circulation Manager, 212 Globe Bld&, St. Paul, Minn.