Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1963 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Virginian. (Newport News, Va.) 1955-19??
Newport News, Va. (1955-19??)
The Virginian. : (Newport News, Va.) 1955-19??
- Place of publication:
- Newport News, Va.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Virginia League
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 1, no. 1 (July 1955)-
- African Americans--Segregation.
- Newport News (Va.)--Newspapers.
- Segregation in education.
- State rights.
- United States--Race relations--Newspapers.
- "Virginia's State's rights monthly paper."
- Changed to periodical format Sept. 1957.
- Editor: July 1955- William Stephenson.
- Published July 1955-July 1956 by the Virginia League; Aug./Sept. 1956- by Lacy Jeffreys.
- sn 94060080
View complete holdings information