Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1943 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Fernandina record. (Fernandina, Fla.) 1907-1910
Fernandina, Fla. (1907-1910)
The Fernandina record. : (Fernandina, Fla.) 1907-1910
- Place of publication:
- Fernandina, Fla.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Fernandina Pub. Co.
- Dates of publication:
Began in 1907; ceased in 1910?
- Fernandina (Fla.)--Newspapers.
- Florida--Nassau County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01218432
- Nassau County (Fla.)--Newspapers.
- Description based on: Vol. 2, no. 1 (Jan. 3, 1908).
- Editors: J.O. Lafontisee, <1908>; J.W. Brownfield, 1908-<1909>.
- Latest issue consulted: Vol. 3, no. 36 (Sept. 3, 1909).
- The current News-Leader [LCCN: sn78002171] published in Fernandina (FL) bills itself as "Florida's oldest weekly newspaper". The News-Leader traces its lineage back to the original Fernandina (FL) News [LCCN: sn95026700], a semiweekly and sometimes triweekly. Between 1894 and 1896, the Fernandina News was edited by S.W. Manucy. The Fernandina News, edited by Manucy, continued as simply the News [LCCN: sn95047163] until 1910. Manucy served as Tax Assessor for Nassau County, Florida throughout his tenure as editor. In 1910, the Fernandina News merged with the Fernandina (FL) Record [LCCN: sn95026708] (published 1907-1910) to become the Fernandina (FL) News-Record [LCCN: sn95026702], continuing under this title until 1920 when another merger yielded the Nassau County (FL) Leader and Fernandina News-Record [LCCN: sn95026704]. This long title was shortened, in 1925, to the Nassau County (FL) Leader [LCCN: sn95026701], which published until 1939 when the paper's name reverted to Fernandina News [LCCN: sn95047162], now edited by Howard Davis. In the late 1940s, the Fernandina News became the Fernandina News-Leader [LCCN: sn95026705] and subsequently the Fernandina Beach (FL) News-Leader [LCCN: sn95026706], a weekly published from 1959 through 1980 by John H. Perry and edited by E.R. Maples. In 1980 the paper became known simply as the News-Leader. --E. Kesse, University of Florida Digital Library Center.
- sn 95026708
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information