Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1963 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Congregationalist. [volume] (Boston, Mass.) 1870-1901
Boston, Mass. (1870-1901)
The Congregationalist. [volume] : (Boston, Mass.) 1870-1901
- Alternative Titles:
Congregationalist and Boston recorder
Nov. 7, 1872-May 18, 1901
Congregationalist and Christian world
Mar. 9-May 18, 1901
- Place of publication:
- Boston, Mass.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- W.L. Greene & Co.
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 22, no. 44 (Nov. 3, 1870)-v. 86, no. 20 (18 May 1901).
- Boston (Mass.)--Newspapers.
- Congregational churches--Massachusetts--Newspapers.
- Congregational churches.--fast--(OCoLC)fst00875181
- Massachusetts--Suffolk County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01206189
- Suffolk County (Mass.)--Newspapers.
- Also issued on microform and online.
- Also published a condensed ed.: Boston recorder (Boston, Mass. : 1870).
- Beginning Oct. 1900, the first issue each month is called the Christian world number. Christian world appears at head of title on the covers for these issues.
- Congregationalist newspapers.
- Includes supplements.
- Published in periodical format, Nov. 3, 1892-
- Volumes for Nov. 3, 1870-Oct. 31, 1872 are numbered v. 22, no. 44-v. 24, no. 44; Nov. 7, 1872-Jan. 17, 1889 carry the v. numbering of both the Congregationalist, v. 24, no. 45-v. 41, no. 3, and of the Boston recorder, v. 57, no. 45-v. 74, no. 3; Jan. 24, 1889-May 18, 1901 are numbered v. 74, no. 4-v. 86, no. 20.
- sn 95072055
- Preceding Titles:
- Related Links:
View complete holdings information