Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1963 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Contempo. (Chapel Hill, N.C.) 1931-1942
Chapel Hill, N.C. (1931-1942)
Contempo. : (Chapel Hill, N.C.) 1931-1942
- Place of publication:
- Chapel Hill, N.C.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Dates of publication:
Began in 1931; ceased in 1942.
- Every 3 weeks (irregular)
- American literature--Periodicals.
- American literature.--fast--(OCoLC)fst00807113
- Chapel Hill (N.C.)--Periodicals.
- North Carolina--Chapel Hill.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01206600
- "A review of ideas and personalities."
- A dispute over ownership of the name Contempo and Contempo, Ltd. has the title being used by two separate publications simultaneously. "Up to the month of June, 1932 ... Mr. A.J. Buttitta and the undersigned were the editors of Contempo ... In the month of July, 1932 ... Mr. Buttitta had made an application in his own name to the United States Patent Office, for the Trade-Mark, Contempo ... This Trade-Mark is not valid ... The undersigned notifies subscribers that Contempo has not moved from Chapel Hill ... Milton A. Abernethy."--Contempo (Chapel Hill, N.C.), v. 3, no. 7 (Mar. 17, 1933).
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 1 (May 1931).
- Editors: M.A. Abernethy, A.J. Buttitta, S.R. Carter, V.N. Garoffolo, Phil Liskin.
- Latest issue consulted: Vol. 3, no. 11 (July 25, 1933).
- Not the same as: Contempo (Durham, N.C.).
- Published in periodical format: <May 5, 1932>-
- Publisher varies: M.A. Abernethy, Sept. 25, 1932-
- sn 96095045
View complete holdings information