Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1963 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The recorder. [microfilm reel] (Boston) 1816-1816
The recorder. [microfilm reel] : (Boston) 1816-1816
- Place of publication:
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- N. Willis
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 1, no. 1 (Jan. 3, 1816)-v. 1, no. 52 (Dec. 24, 1816).
- Boston (Mass.)--Newspapers.
- Congregational churches--Massachusetts--Newspapers.
- Congregational churches.--fast--(OCoLC)fst00875181
- Massachusetts--Suffolk County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01206189
- Suffolk County (Mass.)--Newspapers.
- Founded by Nathaniel Willis and Sidney E. Morse as the Recorder in 1816, this Congregationalist magazine presented religious news, including accounts of the proceedings of Bible societies, missionary societies, tract societies. and moral societies, and extensive coverage of missionary work. In addition to religious matter, it published American and foreign state papers, a journal of Congress, news, geographical and statistical material on foreign countries, new book notices, agricultural reports, anecdotes, and articles on education, intemperance, and other topics. Poetry included Nathaniel Parker Willis's biblical poems. Cf. American periodicals, 1741-1900.
- Title from caption.
- sn 97027910
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information