Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1963 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Waynesboro news-Virginian. [volume] (Waynesboro, Va.) 1929-1960
Waynesboro, Va. (1929-1960)
Waynesboro news-Virginian. [volume] : (Waynesboro, Va.) 1929-1960
- Place of publication:
- Waynesboro, Va.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Waynesboro Pub. Corp.
- Dates of publication:
Ceased by Sept. 3, 1960.
Vol. 33, no. 210 (Nov. 20, 1929)-
- Augusta County (Va.)--Newspapers.
- Virginia--Augusta County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01206013
- Waynesboro (Va.)--Newspapers.
- A "Final ed." began by 1958 with more national and international news coverage, called: Waynesboro news-Virginian (Waynesboro, Va. : Final ed.).
- Available on microfilm from U.M.I.
- Called "Home ed." by 1958.
- Contains numerous supplements.
- Continues numeration of the Valley Virginian.
- In the 1930s-1940s, several local student newspapers included.
- Issues for Nov. 20-30, 1929 published as: Waynesboro News with which is consolidated the Valley Virginian.
- Latest issue consulted: Issue for: Aug. 31, 1960.
- Louis Spilman was president/publisher/editor of Waynesboro Publishing Corp.
- sn 98068375
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
- Related Titles:
View complete holdings information